Sunday, September 4, 2011

Add Another Sponsor to the List!

Last night I put out an e-mail asking almost everyone on my e-mail list to pray today (9/4) as I went out to another business to ask for their sponsorship in our 24-Hour Famine. I specifically asked everyone to pray that this pizza place would offer to sell their pizzas at the clubhouse for $5 each and give us $2 per pizza. But God had even bigger plans!

Below is the follow up e-mail I just sent to everyone:

"Thanks to all of you who were praying today. Again, my courage wanted to fail me...but I prayed for the strength & endurance to face yet another owner to basically beg for a handout. Even though it's not for me, and I get no profit from it...it can be nerve wracking nonetheless!

But God IS Good and He is amazingly faithful! And when He has laid a place to approach on my heart, He has obviously prepared the way before me. Today was no exception!

Edwardo's not only gave us a $25 gift card to give away in our drawing...it can be used at ANY of their 6 locations. PLUS...wait for it...they will front us as many large pizzas as we want, cut them in 8 slices and we get to sell them for $2 a slice! We split the money right down the middle AFTER the event. They'll also loan us a pizza warmer, put up a yard sign at Sanctuary Place and bring us as many pizzas throughout the event as we need!

Do you remember that I asked you to pray we'd get $2 per pizza?? Well now we're getting $8!!!

So what are you doing next Sunday afternoon??

That's right...between 2-6 p.m., (if you're not a friend outside of the Tri-state area!) you're coming to Sanctuary Place and eating yummy pizza for $2 a slice and leaving with not only a full belly but also the warm fuzzy feeling of knowing that you're also providing money for children in Africa to know what a full belly feels like too!

Amen!"



So yeah...serving up pizza is going to be excruciating for the last two hours of our fast...but maybe it will drive home to all of us even more just exactly how hungry the children of Somalia, Kenya, Djibouti and Ethiopia are! And I just gotta say...God, You are amazing! Better yet...God, You ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment