Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Floodgates Were Open!

Wow! What a week...I even still feel a little numb.

If you're a regular reader, you'll notice I've taken a break this week for the most part. I think God was just giving me a rest after the 24-Hour Famine. We did have our Single Moms' Night Out at First Church on Friday night...and we had 5 kids whose moms trusted us enough to let us feed them and play with them for a few hours. It even did my heart good to hear a couple of the older kids that didn't really want to come by the end of the evening say they didn't really want to leave. I call that a success!

And the SMNO wouldn't have been possible without the generous donations of food, napkins, time and prayers that so many gave freely! As blessed as I was by participating in this night, it was only the proverbial "tip of the iceberg" for me.

You see, at the same time that we were partnering with God and several others to raise money for Kids Against Hunger...He was also raising up some people to contribute to Boundless Ministries. This is why I think I was a little numb. It's almost too difficult to grasp for me to attempt to explain. Basically, at times it almost feels a little like an out of body experience...or at least what I think one would feel like!

When God's Holy Spirit gives you an idea and simply says, "Obey" and you say yes...He then gives you promise after promise along the way...next, challenges you to take steps and move in directions with courage that you never dreamed you could do...You feel His steadying Hand upholding you every step of the way...and then you even blog about it, (You Gotta Know He is Just Getting Started)
and just know He is going to do something you never expected...and then He DOES...it still absolutely blows me away!

Just this week, not only has He raised nearly $900 for Kids Against Hunger, but the significant donations received through Boundless Ministries paid for dinner for the kids at Friday's SMNO, provided two $50 gas cards for single moms, will cover childcare for some upcoming events with single moms and may give us an opportunity to do something just for fun...you know, as a treat...for a couple of moms that rarely get a break. I can not begin to describe the feeling of joy, wonder and awe at how my Abba provides.

I even went through about a 15 hour period at the beginning of the week where I was just questioning how and why He's done so much and began to fret over the responsibility of being a faithful steward regarding such gifts. Then one morning, in Jesus Calling, I read this:

"Come to Me and rest. Give your mind a break from its habitual judging. you form judgments about this situation, that situation, this person, that person, yourself, even the weather--as if judging were your main function in life. But I create you first and foremost to know Me and to live in rich communication with Me. When you become preoccupied with passing judgment, you usurp My role.

Relate to Me as creature to Creator, sheep to Shepherd, subject to King, clay to Potter. Allow Me to have My way in your life. Rather than evaluating My ways with you, accept them thankfully. The intimacy I offer you is not an invitation to act as if you were My equal. Worship Me as King of kings while walking hand in hand with Me down the path of Life."

The sentences I've highlighted are the ones that absolutely hit me upside the head!

Why do I evaluate His ways, instead of just accepting them thankfully? Seriously, why do I arrogantly presume that I can somehow psychoanalyze the Creator of the Universe? Really? Wow! Talk about a god-complex. To think that I...the clay, the sheep, the creature, the subject (insert whatever euphemism works for you!) could possibly begin to correctly guess the motives and plans of the One that holds ALL of creation in His Hands!

Yeah...He never invited me to be His equal...but He did invite me to walk hand in hand with Him. And so, instead of blogging this week...that's what I did. I have to say, the joy, the peace, the love...sometimes even in the midst of some stressful situations with the kids...this week were worth far more than anything else He could have given me!

Once again...He knew just what I needed...even before I did! Amen!

Mentioned in this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment