Tuesday, September 20, 2011

What I Learned

I've been reflecting on the lessons I learned by obeying God's call to fast for 24 hours and raise money and awareness for Kids Against Hunger. There were many, but here are the highlights:
  • When He calls you to do something specific, in His Name...obey...for the blessings are more numerous than you could ever foresee.
  • There will be side benefits and positive outcomes in ways you never dreamed. For instance, I got to know several of the local business owners and managers with whom I now feel confident interacting and recognizing them by face and name when I enter their place of business.
  • Just because you have a passionate call to something...doesn't mean it will be shared by others. Actually, I learned this lesson a long time ago...but this was a good reminder that God gives us each a different call and we are not to judge whether or not our same passion should belong to another.
  • The flip side of the previous lesson, is that there will be those that join you on your journey that you never would have envisioned could share your passion. What a blessing to have brothers and sisters join you as you serve. I could not begin to imagine when this started that 20 people would collectively fast together. That's amazing!
  • The lessons your children learn by watching you obey or incalculable!
  • Even in the midst of what could be break-neck speed to reach the finish line...our compassionate Abba (Daddy!) can still call us to a period of rest. Some call this the calm before the storm...but I've experienced the calm pre-, during, and post- storm. He always knows what we need exactly when we need it.
I'm sure there are more...but these were the biggies for me this time. I am blessed to serve a God that has a divine will with me, speaks it to my heart and then provides the way through His Holy Spirit to accomplish it.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment