Friday, September 2, 2011

KAH Famine Relief Event Update! It's Getting Big!



Here's what's happening so far:
If you stop by Sanctuary Place Clubhouse on Sunday, September 11th from 2-5:30 p.m. and give a donation to Kids Against Hunger, you will be entered in a drawing to win one of the following prizes:

Papa John's- 1 of 4 Large 1 topping pizzas
Penn Station- 1 of 2 small fry/small sandwich offers
All That Jazz Consignments- $25 gift certificate
Hebron Brew Haus- gift certificate
Wendy's of Hebron- Still considering what to do, but have committed to participate
Palm Beach Tan- Some small giveaway items and a FREE VersaSpa Sunless Tanning Session ($40-50 value)

Today, we also received $17.25 in donations from Firm Foundation Home School Co-op. You can see our updated total to the left. But there's even more...

Dr. Langley of Hebron Chiropractic has committed to attending the event and offering massages and ice/hot packs for a nominal donation to Kids Against Hunger. I've also had a parent of a middle schooler we know offer to encourage some of her son's schoolmate's at his private school to take part in this opportunity as well.

This is all coming together in God's timing and just exactly in the way He wants. And yeah...there have been some downer's too. I've had a couple of businesses give me the run around. I guess people just don't like to say "No". They'd rather stall and say 'Yeah...we'll contact you when we have the time.' No biggie!

I've actually felt very encouraged by the Holy Spirit and haven't taken any of this personally... which is huge for me! After all, it's not me they're saying no to...it's God and His Spirit at work. Actually, I don't think they understand that they're also saying no to some great publicity too. Oh well! No sweat off my brow...except for the sweat from walking around in 90+ degree weather! Hah! I tell my kids it's good for them...so it must be good for me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment