Wednesday, April 18, 2012

First Day After Taxes



I know it's like I'm "beating a dead dog" with mentioning taxes again. I'm just amazed that I'm sitting here absolutely exhausted. I should get up and go to bed, but it's one of those times when you're almost too tired to move.

The wonderful thing about this is that it's physical exhaustion...not mental. And I love it!

I woke up and went for a 30 minute power walk but was back home before 7:30 a.m. Abbey and I fixed waffles and strawberries for breakfast. We all did school. I had a little God-time in the midst of them working on school. We had lunch and I think everyone was done with chores, school and exercise by about 1:30 or 2 p.m.

Then came their media time...and a little for me too. About 3 p.m. or so, Leah and I walked to the bank and of course, had to stop by Penn Station to split a cookie on our way home! Once I got home, it was time to start Mexican black bean chili for supper.

Got everyone fed and Dale's dinner together so he could take Abbey and Rebekah to youth group by 5:45 p.m. Then started work on what was left of the 24 pounds of organic strawberries I got at a great discount yesterday.

I froze two gallons of whole strawberries, pureed more than five cups of strawberries or strawberry/banana blend for future almond milk ice cream making and made about five and a half pints of strawberry jam. By 9:30 p.m. I was ready to call it a day.

I know working outside the house is a necessity at times, but when I'm working at home on a day like today...I know God wired me first and foremost to be a wife and a mom. I think I could have made a pretty good farmer or at least farm-wife too!

Now to hit the hay! [Pun absolutely intended!]

No comments:

Post a Comment