Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Me & My Honey

Every time someone opens up this blog, they see the photo to the right. It's of my husband, Dale, and I. I intentionally chose a photo of both of us when I updated it several months ago, because this ministry is as much his as it is mine.

Even if he doesn't post or seem to be the "front" man (for lack of a better term), he is integral to everything I do. Not only do I consider what would God have me do in any given situation, but whether Dale even realizes it or not, I always filter through "what would Dale have me do". Often I don't know exactly what he would do or say, so I ask him.

You know...God just has an amazing sense of humor...and He could not have brought two more opposite people together. But 18 years ago yesterday, that's exactly what God did and I'm forever thankful. I am most definitely the leaper in our duo and Dale is the calculator. We're still not really smooth at it, but we do compliment each other well. His wisdom pulls me back from the edge and my passion pushes him closer to the edge...and I think that's what a solid marriage does. Knowing your strengths and weakness and letting the other help you in both is a huge blessing.

And as you've probably seen in a lot of couples that have spent many years together, we've even become a little more alike. I'm thinking at this rate, by the time we hit our 50th anniversary, we might just meet in the middle somewhere!

I'm secretly hoping it's a little closer to the edge though!

No comments:

Post a Comment