Sunday, March 9, 2014

Hydrofarm Jump Start 4 Foot Light, Product Review

Just after Christmas, I purchased this wonderful light and frame to assist me in growing greens and other vegetables inside throughout the winter. It's almost time to set the greens outside and then I'll continue to use the light for tomato, pepper and other seedlings.

What's great about this light is that I can lower or raise it depending upon my needs. Seedlings need close, intense, directed light and as the plants grow, I can simply raise the light. Even with plants of different heights, the light can be adjusted accordingly.

Other than needing four feet of space to place this, I really can't think of a down side to the Hydrofarm Jump Start Light. If four feet is too big, there is a two foot model available and if you need more, there is an extension kit to provide additional height as well.



I have an awesome south facing window that provides sunshine all day, but as the daylight hours have lengthened and its intensity has increased, some of my cool weather plants have been getting too much heat. The Hydrofarm light system provides the perfect balance of light and heat. It also has full-spectrum light for flowering and non-flowering plants.

With reasonably priced models such as this, if you want to grow food year round, there really is no reason why you can't. One suggestion though: Prices are at their peak right now as gardeners are attempting to get seeds started inside. You will probably find better prices in the summer months when we are all gardening outdoors.




No comments:

Post a Comment