Friday, March 28, 2014

Planting Greens

I planted some mesclun today.

Ahhh...the first of hopefully many warm days in succession. We've had a few here and there, but we're looking at temperatures above 50 for the next week...except for that pesky 44 degrees that I am just hoping is someone's idea of a joke.

Anywho, my planting genes are busting at the seams and even though I had a long day and was pretty tuckered out, I managed to get one container of Mesclun greens and some sprouts started for selling. The photo below are some greens that we've been eating from most of the winter and are the same as I planted today. The new planting won't look like this for a month or so, but I'll be able to harvest some baby greens in about two weeks.


I grew these inside under my grow light all winter and moved them to the patio greenhouse a few weeks ago. See links below for the grow light and greenhouse information.

It is time...finally...to get busy growing your food!

Gardman greenhouse review
Hydrofarm 4 foot light review
Planting with the phases of the moon link

No comments:

Post a Comment