Friday, March 28, 2014

Now Selling Non-GMO/Organic Wheatgrass and Broccoli Sprouts


I'm going to start selling sprouts and wheatgrass. For $6.00 per container, you can pick up a standard salad greens-sized container filled with either wheatgrass or broccoli sprouts. I planted one container each of these and have been cutting the wheatgrass for over a month. I have harvested broccoli sprouts a minimum of 8 times and still have some left. 

As an added bonus is if you return the container filled with the remnants of your sprouts or wheatgrass and the soil when it is "spent" (a term that represents when the greens are done growing, you're done clipping them or they've become tough), I'll refund a $1 for the chance to reuse the container and to compost the remains of the soil and greens in my wormery.

The reason I took a photo of the seeded soil is because it will look like this...


in just a few short days. Actually, these are the container's I mentioned that we have used. I looked back and they were started the first (broccoli sprouts) and third weeks (wheatgrass) of February and I've been harvesting 4-6 times per week since then. The time has flown and I didn't realize how long I'd had them.

You must be local (Northern Kentucky/Cincinnati, Ohio area) to buy. I cannot ship these. And if you'd like to research the health benefits of wheatgrass or broccoli sprouts, click on the links below. There is a lot of buzz about microgreens right now. They are power packed with nutrition and ounce for ounce have more vitamins and minerals than the actual food. Wheatgrass can be juiced, both can be added to smoothies or placed in salads. Even if you're gluten sensitive, pure wheatgrass, without seeds, contains no gluten.

If all goes well, I'll soon be offering pea sprouts and red clover sprouts too. Contact me through Facebook, at a.barthauer@gmail.com or via Twitter (@AngelaBarthauer) if you'd like to place an order.





No comments:

Post a Comment