Monday, March 31, 2014

The Peas Are In!


It was an amazingly beautiful day and I could not let it pass without planting something. In the center foreground, under the unused satellite dish, is the pot that is now home to what I hope will soon be seven sugar pea pod plants. We haven't used the dish in about three years now, but this will be the third straight growing season it has provided a wonderful trellis-effect for my vegetables.

Peas can take some frost. Therefore, even if it turns off colder again, they will survive. If we have a hard frost threat, I'll just cover them over with some old sheets and they should be fine. 

Tomorrow is spring root vegetable day at my friend's house. Carrots, radishes and beets will all go in and hopefully be sprouting soon. I'll keep you posted.


Side note: The two pots in the background are the garlic I planted last fall. They haven't come back up yet but I'm hoping they survived the hard winter. The bottom corner left is some recycled celery that is doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment