Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Amazed Again

I need to catch up giving praise to my Father in heaven.

Last week was Noah's 13th birthday and I specifically prayed to have enough money to buy him a small present and buy the ingredients to fix whatever he might want for his birthday dinner. I'm being challenged by the Holy Spirit to be more specific in my requests. So instead of just praying for God's general provision, when a need arises, I'm learning to pray specifically for it to be met.

And while these things weren't a need for me, in the eyes of my now teenage son, it would have been. His is the first birthday in our family where we didn't have enough money to take the birthday person out to eat. Going out to eat has always been our family's "thing". Now, it's one of the luxuries we shouldn't afford.

But praise God, my bonus check came early from Jackson Hewitt...one week early to be exact. And we were even able to let Noah choose between a dinner out or seeing the new "Pirates of the Carribean" movie at a matinee. He chose the movie and we had fun.

Thanks Abba for coming through in Your perfect timing...as always.

And Noah's choice for his homemade birthday dinner? Buffalo Chicken Dip...yes, a dip. It seems my vegan choices are not appreciated when it comes to birthday dinners. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment