Wednesday, December 14, 2011

There WILL Be a Last One!



I cannot get this song out of my mind. And while I'm still just reveling in the thought of "oceans and oceans of love and love again," as I keep replaying the song over and over...here's what has struck me...and it's a doozy!

There will be a:
  • last bullet fired
  • last famine
  • last trafficked child
  • last lie
  • last disgrace
  • last hungry, homeless person
  • last prison inmate
  • last chemo patient
  • last siren
  • last war
  • last divorce
  • last abused girl
Do we really get this? I know I don't! In our human, finite thinking...we can only focus on what we know. And our experience tells us there is always suffering and pain...but our enemy is a crafty one. He wants us to forget that we've been promised that our sufferings are just "light and momentary affliction(s)". (2 Cor. 4:17)

But this goes further than just meaning that one day we will die and we don't have to suffer anymore. Oh....praise His Name...there will come a day when He will make all things right and we will no longer dwell in pain and suffering as inhabitants on this fallen earth. There will be one last for each of these awful things...and so much more!

There is a flip-side to this as well...and having grown up in a church culture of legalism and scare tactics, I'm a little hesitant to say it...but I feel the leading that it needs to be said:

There will also be a last person that awakens to the reality of God's Love and that He is Sovereign. That just because we've ignored Him...doesn't mean He hasn't existed since the beginning of time.

This reality no longer scares me like it did 25-30 years ago...but it does make me aware of the urgency to tell others of God's Love! Beloved...if you do not know Him...you are loved...with "oceans and oceans of love and love again". And whether you call Him Lord or have yet to surrender that role to Him...there will one day be an end to all of this...there will be a "last" for everything...and honestly...I. can't. wait!!

1 comment:

  1. I apologize for any typos you may have experienced if you've already read through this! Sometimes I have a HUGE urge to write...but not enough time to proofread & edit! Ah well...He covers over a multitude of things...doesn't He?!

    ReplyDelete