Thursday, December 5, 2013

I Finally Conceded Today...


to the realization that my 2013 outdoor growing season is over. I brought in the last of the collards, spinach and kale and pulled up the last of the plants that were not producing due to short daylight hours. My family is probably beginning to wonder if I will squeeze them out as I make room indoors.


If only I had a few more grow lights!

But seriously, an April to December run isn't too bad and the turnips do have a slim chance of surviving the impending winter storm. I have held on as long as I could and were it not for this storm and the subsequent icy temperatures staying around afterwards, I would have held out a little while more.

I'll admit a small sense of melancholy at the inevitable conclusion that winter has arrived. But never fear...


my wonderful Black Friday deal from Seeds Now also arrived today! It's probably only about two months until I can begin my tomato and pepper plants. My biggest goal for Gardening 2014? To have enough healthy non-GMO, organic plants to share and sell this spring. 

Have you picked up on my passion for this yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment