Sunday, September 9, 2012

Indian Healing Clay

I don't often promote products with this blog, but I feel remiss not sharing this one. Now, I'm not a connoisseur of clay products so I can't do a comparative analysis, but what this product advertises it will do...it does...and more. I purchased it on Amazon.com with just a little skepticism, but from the first usage have been greatly impressed with how well it works.

Just one tablespoon of this Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Deep Pore Cleansing, 16 Ounce combined with one tablespoon of Bragg - Apple Cider Vinegar, 32 oz liquid (which is a raw product that I need to review in a separate post), slop it on your face for 15 minutes and you not only have a clay that draws impurities from deep within your pores...you also get a mini-chemical peel that over consecutive usage (only once a week) reduces the size of pores. Honest...it works!

Be forewarned though, if you have a lot of impurities below the surface of the skin, you will experience some blemishes a day or so after using. The cider does make the mask tingle and you may experience some redness after washing off the mask. But you can begin with only five minutes and gradually increase the length of time each week it should become tolerable. The only complaint I have is not mine...it's from my kids...the vinegar smells.

The package says you'll only get 10-15 facials with the one pound jar, which is the one I purchased. I've been using this weekly since April and still have about half a jar left. Additional uses are listed such as applying to bug bites and that's finally why I decided to write this post and promote the product. I'd tried it on the occasional mosquito bites I've had this summer, but about two weeks ago I stood outside for almost three hours chatting with friends one night and came home with 52 bug bites. You read that right...52. Sometimes, I don't react well to bites. Apparently,  it sets off an allergic reaction. Then, I have more than your normal amount of swelling at the site of the bite and they can almost appear to be infected. This was one of those times.

24 hours after I received the bites, I was miserable and constantly itching and scratching with no relief. I decided to give the clay a try and pretty much coated my legs, using only water to mix it instead of the vinegar. I slept with it on (which I learned the next day I really didn't need to do) and had relief to get through the night. I washed it off the next morning and  I experienced no itching until late afternoon. I applied the clay to my legs again and had instant relief. This time I washed it off after about an hour.

Now here's the interesting thing and I apologize if this is too much information...but the clay literally pulled the venom to the surface of the bites, which hardened (yes, it was crusty and clear) and as it dried I was able to wipe, scratch or rub it off. I was fine for the next almost 24 hours and that night did decide to try Benedryl, but that was more because I didn't want to clean clay out my sheets. The next day, after just a little over 72 hours, I had absolutely no more itching.

I'm certain the Benedryl assisted, but I still attribute most of my relief to the Aztec Indian Healing Clay. Why? Because my daughter and friends with whom I had been chatting for so long were still itching four days later and they had a significantly fewer number of bites than I did.

The link I've provided above is for the one pound jar which I purchased. The one below is for the two pound which is a much better bargain. If you're in the market for a product like this, check it out. At about $8.00 for up to 20 or so facial mask, plus an itch relief product, I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a better deal!

Mentioned in this post:


No comments:

Post a Comment