Saturday, October 22, 2011

Guest Author for the Day

Today, my dear friend, Jennifer Miller, wrote a Facebook note and said it could be shared with anyone that may need the information. I'm reposting it here in attempt to get the information to even more single moms who may need it. I reprint this here exactly as it was written.


We've all got our reality that we have to face.
Sometimes we face a reality that is filled with joy and adventure! A new baby, a new marriage, buying a home, a dream job, vacation, and so on.
Sometimes we face a reality that hurts and tears at our heart. An injury, a lost loved one, a failed marriage, betrayal, unemployment, and so on.
Whatever the reality, no one is exempt from facing them. We don't always get to choose our reality. However, some realities we do choose, good or bad.
I have some wonderful realities; four of them are on the top of my list. They are Grace, Della, TJ, and Claira...my kiddos, my blessings, my challenges, my gifts from God, my reason for each day.
I also have a terrible reality. A failed marriage. I didn't choose it. But here I am and there it is. Whether I face it or not, it continues to be there each morning that I rise to start a new day. Its a reality that is very hard to face.
When we have wonderful realities, there are typically plenty around who want to celebrate with us.
When we have difficult realities, people aren't so readily available. Maybe they are uncomfortable or speechless about our reality. Maybe they are afraid of our reality. Maybe they just don't know what to do with our reality. Or perhaps they just don't like our reality and find it easier to stay away. No judgment there, we all have avoided someone's reality.
We need support, encouragement, and help facing those hard realities. I am here to offer encouragement to any single moms out there. I have found some sources of hope and help with facing my reality. I want to share them with you. If you are reading this, but you are not facing the terrible reality of being a single mom, however you do know a single mom, I challenge you to share this information with her. Trust me, more than likely, she will welcome the information.
For single moms living in the northern Kentucky area, a new single moms group has formed at Hebron Lutheran church. This group is a dream come true for single moms. It offers mentors, community, support, understanding, acceptance, and love. This group meets on Wednesday evenings from 5:45-7:30. Childcare is provided from preschoolers through elementary ages. Dinner is provided for elementary children and moms for FREE as well! To participate in the moms group is also FREE! Come. Don't allow yourself to be alone in this journey.
For single moms in the northern Kentucky are AND abroad, I encourage you to visit Boundless Ministries at www.writingabetterstory-ab.blogspot.com. This ministry exists to encourage single moms through prayer and providing for needs in whatever way possible. I am close friends with the founders of Boundless Ministries, Dale and Angela Barthauer. For some wonderful reason, God has laid single moms on the hearts of Dale and Angela. They are passionate about helping, encouraging, and reaching out to single moms. This is a great place to share prayer requests for you, if you are a single mom, or for a single mom that you know. This may be a new ministry, but let me tell you, God has big plans and loves showing off through Boundless Ministries. I encourage you to visit the website, share the website, interact on the website, and if you feel so led, pray for the prayer request posted. There is also a place to donate to the ministry should God lead your heart there.
I hope and pray that this information will encourage at least one single mom out there. Feel free to share this note on your FaceBook page if you feel led to do so. If you would like more information about either of these ministries, please feel free to message me.
His,
Jennifer

Anyone that would like more information about Hebron Lutheran's single moms' group, message me at a.barthauer@gmail.com and I will get it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment