Saturday, October 1, 2011

Come to Me

This is only part of what I read this morning in Jesus Calling this morning:

"Though self-flagellation has gone out of style, many of My children drive themselves like racehorses. they whip themselves into action, ignoring how exhausted they are. They forget that I am sovereign and that My ways are higher than theirs. Underneath their driven service, they may secretly resent Me as a harsh taskmaster. Their worship of Me is lukewarm, because I am no longer their First Love.

My invitation never changes: Come to Me, all you who are weary, and I will give you rest. Worship Me by resting peacefully in My Presence."

References: I Timothy 6:15-16, Isaiah 55:8-9, Revelation 2:4, Matthew 11:28

Nothing to add to this...it says it all!



Mentioned in the post:

No comments:

Post a Comment