Friday, October 21, 2011

So Sometimes I Drag My Feet...

and God speeds up the timing for me! I just LOVE that about Him.
You see, there's a family in our home school co-op. I recently learned the husband is a mechanic that works out of his home. His wife has said that he is a lot more affordable because he doesn't mark up the cost of parts.

Just about two weeks ago, I commented to my husband, "I wonder if I approached J____ if he would consider doing repairs for single moms at a reduced cost?" Dale thought that was a good idea. In the back of my mind, I was also thinking that of course I'd throw some regular priced work to him from us or anyone else in need of a mechanic whenever I could!

Now, I could have e-mailed his wife and started the ball rolling...but somehow I actually dropped the ball. Last week, they weren't at co-op and in the meantime, First Church of Christ had contacted me about their Car Care Saturday event.

But God doesn't drop the ball...so of course, today...J_____ walked up to me and said something like, "H____ (his wife) told me about your ministry to single moms. If anyone ever needs repairs, I could do it for the cost of the parts or at half-price or something."

I am humbled!

I'm not sure that I'm as amazed at God doing something like this...but I am absolutely fascinated by how He puts it all together!

While I'm processing what was taking place, I know in some way I communicated that maybe as a need arises, we can find someone to donate the money to cover parts or as we receive financial donations for Boundless Ministries the cost for parts or his reduced fees could come from that. But whatever I actually said...I am not certain. One thing I am certain of though...if God went this far to put this connection together, when a mom has a "automobile need", He'll make sure the money becomes available somehow.

God's pretty good at working out the details so far...I think I'll just leave it up to Him to figure out how!

No comments:

Post a Comment