Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Just in Case You Ever Wondered...

God's timing does work for others too!

I received an e-mail from a mom of 3 today explaining that she needs to find employment soon. She home schools and the desire of her heart is to continue to do so. She's open to any possibility, but something from home is definitely her preference. She asked me to help her pray about this.

Of course I was going to put it on our Prayer Request Page as soon as possible...but before I did that, I was given the privilege of letting her in on a little something fun! If you've actually clicked on the Prayer Request Page, you'll understand exactly what I mean.

Hmmm...the previous prayer request on that page is from a single expectant mom looking for affordable childcare. Funny how God works, isn't it?

Now, I don't know if the connection will work out for these two...only God can foresee that. But on this day, it truly was fun for me to be able to quickly reply back to my friend with a little hope that God may have answered her request before she ever even made it public. What could be more fun than that?!

And yes..."Just in Case You Ever Wondered..." this great Abba would like to do the same for you too! There is no magic formula and He's definitely not a giant slot machine in the sky (insert request...out pops the answer you want...NOT!). But He absolutely does delight in giving us the desires of our hearts.

Here's the little secret...if no one's ever told you this before...I am thrilled to be the first to tell you: When you seek Him, you will find Him when you seek Him with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:13) and when you delight yourself in Him, He will give you the desires of your heart. (Psalm 37:4) But what you may never perceive happening...totally under the radar of your senses is that as you seek Him and delight yourself in Him...His desires become your desires...and why wouldn't He give you that?

Just something to chew on!

No comments:

Post a Comment