Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Beautiful Truth


I rewatched this movie over the last two days and was reminded yet again of why I so fervently believe that God created our bodies with the capacity to heal themselves...when we are fueled by the right foods. I first saw this documentary on Netflix over a year ago and the information in it has changed my health forever.

This film specifically focuses on the Gerson Therapy...a health regimen that I have researched in depth and follow loosely. No, I'm not the perfect example of a person healed by the Gerson Therapy because I haven't followed it exactly. But then again, I wasn't trying to heal myself of cancer, fibromyalgia, diabetes, high blood pressure, muscular dystrophy, migraines or any number of the other diseases that have been cured by the Gerson Therapy. Yes, that's right...I am saying there are hundreds, possibly thousands of people that have been cured of debilitating, life-threatening diseases by following the health therapy that Dr. Max Gerson created in the 1930's.

The Gerson Institute does have a website with lots of information. I have also purchased and read just one of the many books documenting this amazing therapy.


But if you just want a brief overview, watch The Beautiful Truth on http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/ which has been my favorite website for the last few months. [My children will tell you their Mom does love documentaries!] The Gerson Miracle is another documentary about this therapy, but I didn't think it was quite as good. There is very similar info, the quality of the film just wasn't as good.[You can go the http://www.gerson.org/, donate $5 and watch The Gerson Miracle there.] I've also seen Charlotte Gerson, daughter of Dr. Max Gerson who carries on his work to this day in her 80's, in the documentary Food Matters.

What I like best about The Beautiful Truth is that it's easy to understand and written from the perspective of a father and his teenage son who is researching the Dr. Gerson for a home school project. Garrett, the film maker's son, puts a human face on what otherwise could be very dry information.

If you watch the documentary, some of the claims may seem outlandish or unbelievable...and some of the parts of the therapy may turn you off...but before you completely turn it down...talk to me. Let me tell you my story, (which is not posted here because it might make some squeamish!) and then you can decide if The Gerson Therapy can help you with whatever your health concerns may be.

Mentioned in this post:



No comments:

Post a Comment