Monday, May 21, 2012

And the Theme Continues...



This post could also be entitled, "You Just Can't Make This Stuff Up!" 

Yesterday, as I spent the day processing what God's Spirit was teaching me about depending upon His abundance as I focus on Becoming Heaven-Minded and all of the implications for what this shift in thinking means, I asked Him to lead me to a verse on my bathroom mirror that would be just what I needed. The first one my eyes landed on was a verse I don't even remember placing there. I don't remember the context of why I did it, but I now believe it must have been taped there many months ago for the single purpose of my seeing it yesterday.

"I will saturate the soul of the priests with abundance,
And My people will be satisfied with My goodness," declares the LORD."
(Jeremiah 31:14)
Through teary eyes, I read it again...amazed at exactly what God's Spirit is teaching me...but still too overwhelmed by it all to really process the depth of His meaning. What I gleaned in the moment though was another step in the direction of where He's leading..."Angela, all Christians are My priests to a lost and dying world. You have the desire to fulfill this God-given role. Believe that I will saturate your soul with not just enough...but an abundance to do it!"
Okay...I believe...God, forgive my unbelief! (Mark 9:24)
As I headed to my time alone with God this morning, I offered up this prayer: God, I need you to teach me specifically what You're trying to show me. I cannot get my brain around it...it's just too huge. It feels like You're showing me something I can't comprehend so I need you to show me.
Then I picked up Jesus Calling, and this is why I say above, "you just can't make this stuff up!"
"I, the Creator of the universe, am with you and for you. What more could you need?"

"I offer abundant Life; your part is to trust Me, refusing to worry about anything."

"Your thoughts close in on the problem like ravenous wolves. Determined to make things go your way, you forget that I am in charge of your life."  (the problem being not enough money to do all that I am passionate about doing for Him)

And finally the one that simply pierced me right through my soul:

"Stop all your striving, and watch to see what I will do. I am the Lord!"

Again, too overwhelmed to wrap my brain around what He was showing me, I wrote in my journal:
"Still processing. How do I live knowing You'll provide, moving forward expecting it to be there and expectantly anticipating that You'll come through?
How do You want us to move forward with Boundless Ministries? How do You want to lead? Where do You want us to go? Whom do You want us to serve?"
And I read again from Esther my cue card for the dilemma "It's tough being a women who feels responsible for the "how"!  Beth Moore's scripture reference to combat this is found in Psalm 103:14.
"For He Himself knows our frame;
He is mindful that we are but dust."

He knows I'm "but dust". He knows I can't figure out how we're going to financially do all that we want to do for Him...and that's okay...because He does!
Then I felt the Spirit's leading to write down just exactly what it is that I want to do...just for clarity...it helps me to process my thoughts. And as I asked Him to search my heart, of the five things that came out on paper...not one of them has anything in it for me other than I'd love to travel serving Him, meeting new people, sharing His Love with them. So yes, the travel is a benefit I would enjoy.

After pouring this out on paper and looking back over it with the Holy Spirit, I turned to the two scripture references for the day in Jesus Calling. The devotional had already spoken volumes, but with great anticipation and recognizing that a Romans 8 reference has to be jam-packed with goodness, I hurriedly turned to verses 31 and 32 expecting wonderful things...I was not disappointed.

Having just completed the Top Five list of my heart's desire, this is what I read:

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who is against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him over for us all, how will He not also with Him freely give us all things?" (Romans 8:31-32, NASB)

My translation- 'Here's your list, Angela...so what can you say about those things? Your heart's desire is to do My will...you know I'm for that...so who can be against it? I didn't spare my Son for you...can you allow yourself to believe that I will freely give you all of these things? Believe it!'

With a grateful heart and teary eyes, I could finally begin to allow myself to drink in the saturating promise of thirsting no more for resources...it's already there...I just need to ask.

But wait...there was a second verse:

"But as for me, I will watch expectantly for the LORD;
I will wait for the God of my salvation.
My God will hear me." (Micah 7:7)

Do I ever need to wonder again if He'll provide the resources for my passion for serving Him? If I do, you have my permission to call me a faithless twit!

I don't think He could have spelled it out more plainly, but just so I would "get it", He spoke one more word to my heart. As I brushed my teeth and glanced in my mirror at the Jeremiah 31:14 scripture again, I heard Him lovingly say, "It's not about money, Angela. It was never about money. I have the money...the question is...do you have the faith?"

Amen!


Mentioned in this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment