Sunday, May 20, 2012

Becoming Heaven-Minded



Are you noticing a theme? (see Heaven and   Heaven is For Real)

Well, yesterday, I began reading the second book recommended by our pastor a few weeks ago entitled Heaven by Randy Alcorn. I'm only about 75 pages into it and I'm already being challenged to become more "Heaven-minded".

But what does that mean?

Paul encourages us many times to remember that this world is not our home, that these are "light and momentary troubles", that we are surrounded by a "great cloud of witnesses" and that there is 'great rejoicing before God' when a repentant heart surrenders his life and his sins are covered/erased by the blood that was shed by Jesus the Messiah. But in my day-to-day often mundane, ordinary life...what does it mean to be 'Heaven-minded'? So that's what I've been asking God for about that last 24 hours. And this morning...He began giving me some answers.

It was one of those 'fully-formed-ideas-planted-in-your-head-that-could-have-only-come-from-the-Holy Spirit-because-it-is-so-radically-different-from-anything-you've-ever-been-taught' kind of moments. Yeah...that was a mouthful and it was a brain-full too! In fact, so full that six hours later I'm still chewing on it...processing the implications.

This much I can share because this much I am grasping so far: Waking up this morning, praying "God...I DO want to be Heaven-minded! I DO want to focus solely on what You want for each day. But God...most of what I want to do for Your Kingdom requires money for giving or money for travel and we just don't have it. I feel like I waste so much time just waiting for doors to open and opportunities to arise when my hearts desire is to be do-ing something for You!" The reply to this? "Now Angela...I wouldn't give you the desire to do something unless I was going to give you the resources too!"

And then came that fully-formed-idea moment. I can't even begin to put it into words what it all means yet, but there are already a few practical steps I'm asking Him to lead. I pray there is more to come...and soon. Consider joining me in this prayer: "Lord, what are You already doing, what are You already providing, where are You already leading that I just need to follow and be faithful?"

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment