Tuesday, May 22, 2012

God's Good Thing of the Day!



At about 9:45 a.m. I said to my oldest, "Do you wanna hear God's good thing of the day?" She replied, "Already?!" Yep...and it happened at 9 a.m.! I can't wait to see what He does the rest of the day.

Here's what happened. Yesterday was our son's birthday, so with even an inexpensive gift and a cheap (for a family of 6!) lunch out to celebrate, money is a wee bit tight. Yet, we have a van repair that's needed to be done and had already scheduled it to be completed today. I hadn't heard the quote yet of how much it was going to be and as I reviewed our finances this morning, I whispered to God, "It can't be any more than $88...that's all we can spend. If it's more than that, we'll need You to come through or show us where it's coming from."

I waited about 10 minutes to call the mechanic, honestly, just so I could distract myself for a few minutes before I heard what I thought would be the bad news. When I called, his wife answered. She relayed my question to her husband asking how much money we needed to bring for the repair. His reply?

Eighty-eight dollars!

Yeah...it's only 10 a.m. and my God's already been working today...and He's just getting started!

Amen!


On a related side note: If you're in the Northern Kentucky area and you need good, honest, very affordable auto repairs, I will more than gladly pass along our friend's phone number to you.

1 comment:

  1. I love this and love the encouragement for all eyes that read it and ears that hear it!

    ReplyDelete