Thursday, May 24, 2012

Special Concerns



Since God is always faithful to lead, guide, protect and bless when we pray...I'm asking for some additional prayer on behalf of some women I know. You can see some of these on the Prayer Requests and Needs Page, but I'm going to put this additional "plug" in (for lack of a better word) because it just seems to be abundantly overwhelming for each of them, and I know they'll appreciate knowing that others are interceding for them.

All four women are either in a custody battle, finalizing divorce and custody issues or seeking back child support. And just in case you weren't already aware, although I'm certain most people are, the stress of fighting, the pain of abandonment, the fear of loss and the depression of uncertainty do not cease the day that a marriage or relationship dissolves. Unfortunately, for many single moms their ex-partner will often return...sometimes many years later...with a new, fresh round of "let's see how much I can mess up your life now". Obviously, not only are the feelings I've mentioned above those that are experienced by mothers...their children understand all too well the grief also.

So please...as God's Holy Spirit faithfully reminds you to pray for these ladies...I additionally ask that you pray that when this latest battle is over...it will have been the last!

  1. Mom of 2 has trial May 31st. Ex is seeking full custody.
  2. Mom of 4 is concerned about ex's intentions regarding custody when divorce is finalized later this summer. He is attempting to still control her choices regarding working and educating the kids. His motivation does not appear to be his concern for the children.
  3. Mom of 1 has court date in June. Ex is attempting to pay less in back support stating that she doesn't need as much as he is responsible for paying.
  4. And the last one, I don't have many details, but this I know: Mom of 1 in very stressful position of caring for mother, has her ex seeking to take away increasing amounts of time with her child. She has already lost significantly in an effort to protect her child from the fighting, but the ex continues to demand more and more.

I do not know all of these ladies well, but a few of them I do. I can attest that none of them are verbally or physically abusive to their children and each of them has done a marvelous job raising their children mostly alone. No good mother deserves the threat of having her children taken away and none should ever have to wonder if she'll receive the time or financial support she deserves just because she can't afford an expensive lawyer.  I support a man's right to be with his children also. I will never support someone that just wants to be a bully. I'm just a little rebellious that way I guess.

Please pray!

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment