Saturday, July 13, 2013

Just in the Nick of Time...Again!


If you've ever spent much time perusing this blog, you know what my title indicates. Yes, God's Holy Spirit asked me to take a leap of faith, be obedient to a call from Him and He would provide the ability for me to do it. Only this time, it wasn't me...it was for our oldest, Abbey.

Back in the spring, when I learned that our church was taking a trip to Canada, I felt an undeniable urging to persuade Abbey to go. She had not expressed interest, she knew no one on the trip, I didn't know where the money was going to come from...but I knew she was supposed to go. She's been a little frustrated with me at some times because of mama bird not giving her much choice about leaving the nest on this one, but for unexplainable reasons...only known to God...I know she is supposed to go.

The trip begins next Saturday, the 20th and only within the last week have I begun to wonder where the funds would come from. We'd already arranged for her to work for some of the money with my family in Indiana, so that part wasn't a surprise. Where the balance came from...was.

We've had to change insurance companies to get the cost down to a manageable level for Abbey because she has to pay for her own auto coverage. I knew we'd get a refund of the balance remaining on our policy, I just didn't know when to expect it.

Now...I know a lot of people that would say "this was just a coincidence", "well, actually you're providing the money", or "how can you call that God's timing when it was just a refund of your money"...and all of that may be true. But...when I took the leap to get her involved on this journey, I didn't know we would need to change insurance companies, I didn't know how much we would get for a refund, I didn't know if my family would be willing to let her do some work for them, I didn't know when the refund would arrive and I didn't know how God would have it all timed out to the last weekend that we could get the funds to the church. So, believe what you want to believe...but I choose to see God's Hand working all of this out just like I knew He would!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment