Thursday, July 17, 2014

The LEGO Movie- A Review


I know I'm a little late to the party, but this movie is adorable!

In our home, we love all things LEGO. Noah played with them for years and still likes to collect any Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings or Hobbit kits he gets for gifts. The kids and I have all enjoyed playing the Lego Wii versions of the Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Indiana Jones and Star Wars games that have come out. Sometimes the best part of the game is the movie vignettes. We have laughed at them and sometimes been amazed at the creativity.

Needless to say, almost a year ago when we saw the first trailer for The LEGO Movie, we got excited. Well I did, and my kids indulged me. But we don't get to the theatre very often anymore. It hasn't been a conscious choice to avoid the cinema, but it seems like the magic combination of funds and time happens most infrequently. 

Over the weekend though, Leah and I were looking for a movie on Amazon Prime and this was the choice. Again...we laughed and sometimes were amazed at the creativity.  

It's refreshing to know that Pixar/Disney and Dreamworks aren't the only creative voices out there. [PLEASE no one ruin my momentary illusion by revealing to me that this movie was somehow connected to one or both!] As I stated...I know I'm late to the "Everything is Awesome" party, but just in case you've been wondering if it's worth your Redbox, Netflix or Amazon Prime rental bucks...why Yes...yes it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment