Saturday, October 12, 2013

Friendly Market, Florence, Kentucky

Now that we've been there twice, I feel that I need to give a shout out to the Friendly Market in Florence. Located at 10050 Norbotten Drive, Friendly Market is the most recent farmer's market in Northern Kentucky. But it has a huge difference: while most farm markets are seasonal or weekend only, Friendly's indoor area houses nine permanent vendors. My personal favorite is Brocato's Italian Market. They have just about any flavor of ravioli you could desire, fresh bread and specialty sauces. You would love the butternut squash goat cheese alfredo just as much as I do, I am certain.

On our first visit, I tried a vegan cookie from Taste of Belgium. It was yummy, of course. There is also a store selling Kentucky Proud items, The Flying Olive (gourmet olive oil and vinegar products), an ice cream store and Friendly Meats and Cheeses. Outside on the weekends, you will find local farmers, bakers and craftsmen selling their wares...so bring cash. (I speak from experience.)

Supporting local businesses is sort of becoming a "thing" for me. How much better can you get than to have close to 20 in the same place? Stop by and check it out. There is a little something for almost everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment