Friday, October 11, 2013

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning!

Everybody singing now?

Well I am. I had a great morning with my two younger girls, Rebekah and Leah. The two oldest had headed off with their buddies to the orchard field trip our co-op friends were having and the girls and I have had the day to ourselves.

I didn't sign us all up for the field trip, because it's a little pricey. But I actually think I have now spent more. I remarked about a little guilt over that and Leah quickly reminded me, "Yes...but it was fun." And she is absolutely right!

We agreed upon Bob Evans for breakfast (it's much easier to get a unanimous decision amongst three than six!), dropped off some recycling (which gives me my feel-good vibe of the day), purchased a new quilting cutter blade so I could get crafty (although I have already cut myself with it), and when I asked the girls where they wanted to go have fun, Rebekah quickly reminded me that I had hoped to take them to play putt putt before it gets cold outside.

So putt putt at World of Golf in Florence it was. And while we all pretty much stink at the game, we had a blast. The highlight had to be fishing Leah's flip flop out of the pond...don't ask...just don't ask. Although I am highly competitive, I was able to relax, give them some pointers and soak up the gorgeous sunshine. I love to hear my kids laugh and the excitement when each of us hit one hole-in-one apiece, was pretty cool.

So yeah...we probably could have spent a little less on the field trip...but I wouldn't have traded this morning for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment