Saturday, October 19, 2013

When He Confirms In Advance

I don't know how to explain this one, but I'll attempt to use my feeble words anyway. Yesterday as I was preparing for my morning, God's Spirit whispered something to me that directly contradicted an insight a friend once shared with me. [I can't go into the details for now, but maybe soon.]

A few years ago, I had offered to help a friend in her ministry. Because she loves me and is so gracious and kind, when she said essentially, 'But I didn't think this was your thing.' I humbly accepted her observation, stayed involved in other things and was never offended at what I perceived was her astute wisdom.

Fast forward to now and I've actually had a little experience in said ministry as a helper. It wasn't anything I chose but I love to feel useful. As I've sat back and watched, God has quietly affirmed me in some of the same gifting I've seen in others. Yesterday morning I very specifically felt Him nudging me that perhaps "this is your thing."

Imagine my confusion when just a few hours later another friend asked me to join her in almost the exact same type of ministry as my friend steered me away from a few years ago. I admit there was a little shock at first, but I hope I didn't sound too full of myself when I relayed the past conversation and current affirmation to this new partner. I wasn't full of myself...just full of a Spirit who was prepping me for the question I had no way of knowing I would be asked.

I haven't told anyone yes yet...but I think that's where I'm heading. Dale even mentioned last night what a good fit it would be for me. So while this isn't a huge thing...it is a thing that can serve, love on and bless others (and myself)...three "things" that I know are me!

No comments:

Post a Comment