Thursday, October 10, 2013

"Yes, but what did he Do?

Today was another excellent session in the Beth Moore Believing God Bible study that I attend. She spoke primarily from Ephesians 1, which not coincidentally was the topic for our speaker during co-op last week. Last Friday, when I heard Michelle talk about learning to feel chosen and accepted, I shared again one of my favorite posts about just that... being chosen. Today Moore reinforced that I am also blessed, adopted, accepted, redeemed and forgiven. This internal work is obviously where God wants my undivided attention. I do not believe it can become any more obvious without a literal banner dropping from the sky.

Then during our small group time, my table chose to discuss Enoch. We don't know much about Enoch other than 'he walked with God and then was no more because, God took him.' One of the ladies in our group instinctively asked, "Yes...but what did he do?"

And once again, I was overcome with the awesomely awesome reality that I don't have to do anything. I said as much regarding Enoch and the lesson I am currently learning. We apparently don't have to do anything to walk with God. The woman who posed the question replied, "And isn't that beautiful?"

Why yes...yes it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment