Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Little Nepotism Never Hurt Anyone


My daughter, Abbey, has become quite the photographer. She's always loved snapping photos and in the last few years, we've realized she has a really good eye for it. Actually, she sees with an artist's eye. She's a pretty decent artist as well and you can tell from her photographs.

As she's posted more and more of them on Facebook, she keeps getting a lot of positive feedback. At the encouragement of many friends and family, she's testing the waters to see where this could lead. She's started a blog to post some of her favorites that can be purchased. Also, as she photographs people too, she's posting some samplings to see if anyone would be interested in having her do a photo shoot.

Check out her blog Painting a Picture

One of my favorites is the picture of treebark at the bottom of the blog. She honestly sees things that I would never give a second glance. Here's some more samplings:







Okay, I just have to comment on this one...who knew blades of grass where so beautiful!




Oh yeah...by the way...I didn't tell her I was doing this. I'll probably get a lot of grief for publishing these. But if a mama can't brag on her kids, who can?

No comments:

Post a Comment