Saturday, August 6, 2011

This is SO Cool!

The three younger kids and I went to a pool party up at the apartment complex clubhouse for lunch. We were sitting out by the pool and I asked Noah to go in and see if he could find out what they were raffling off. He didn't get any information and I didn't see any prizes listed either...but I went ahead and put our name in the basket anyway.

About 10 minutes later, here comes the manager's assistant and says we'd won something. Cool! Turns out it was a $10 Kroger card. Nice...that will help with a little gas or groceries this week. And there was a gift certificate to the consignment shop right up the street that Abbey has been to a few times. I opened it up and was surprised to see that it's for $25.

The truly cool thing about this is that just yesterday, Rebekah (10 years old) put on a pair of jeans that have definitely become too small since she wore them a few months ago. As I told her to put them in my room so I could put them away for Leah, I didn't really consciously breathe a prayer...but if we're trying to center ourselves in God's will every moment of every day, then I guess it was a prayer, wasn't it?? Anyway, it went something like, "Ohhhh...she's going to need clothes soon. I hope we have the money."

It appears that it doesn't matter if it was a formal, actual, cognisant prayer or not...God answered it anyway! He's just kinda cool like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment