Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Put One Foot in Front of the Other


Yesterday, had a good afternoon in the hot sunshine talking with a friend about God's faithfulness and how we're both feeling challenged to live radically. I shared with her about how the day before, even though I'd already been out once soliciting donations from businesses for the 24-Hour Famine, it was all I could do to take one step after another. I even was growing impatient with my son as he slowly put on his tennis shoes. The longer I sat there waiting, I could feel the confidence/doubt battle raging within me. I even told him that he needed to hurry because I needed to leave now to get out the door.

I'd already thought of an old Christmas show song the day before, but my friend without missing a beat looked at me and said, "It's just like that song from Santa Claus is Coming to Town...Put One Foot in Front of the Other." We both laughed at how great minds think alike!

Then I got this in an e-mail response to my praises for what God has been doing: "This is a great story.  And this was just you and your daughter...imagine if EACH of us took that first step out our front door..."

I feeling a theme coming on!

Tried to find a YouTube video of the original song, but all I could find was this rock version...I think I actually like it better!

Put One Foot in Front of the Other (rock version)

So, come on...Just put one foot in front of the other...and soon you'll be walking out the door!

Mentioned in this post:

No comments:

Post a Comment