Thursday, July 28, 2011

Requests and Needs

I have deliberated with God for many days and it seems even weeks on how best to seek provision not only for us, but for this ministry and the moms we know. In the past, we have sent direct e-mails to people we interact with asking them to consider helping these single moms. But I think...no I feel...Holy Spirit is leading us to an even more faith-filled pursuit....one that will drive us to our knees over and over again.

There are a few things I just can't get around:
  • He has always been faithful to provide for us either miraculously or by impressing upon our hearts how we should do it through prayer. Only once have we asked someone for assistance, and I can't say with certainty that was His Will for us at that time.
  • In three different books, Radical, Forgotten God and True Courage, I have read the amazing story of George Muller. "In the sixty years of his ministry, Muller never once asked anyone to make a contribution. He didn't send out letters making financial appeals. He believed that he could trust God for the future and the daily needs of the children (in his orphanages)."--Steve Farrar, True Courage. This past weekend, out of all the missionary biography stories my sister-in-law could have discussed with me...it was the life of George Muller that she wanted to talk about! Coincidence?
  • "And this is the question I just can't get around: If it's true that the Spirit of God dwells in us and that our bodies are the Holy Spirit's temple, then shouldn't there be a huge difference between the person who has the Spirit of God living inside of him or her and the person who does not?"--Francis Chan, Forgotten God. If I'm sending out pleas for money and help, how am I any different than United Way, Salvation Army or any number of other organizations that do good works. Maybe God wants to do something totally on His own, without me speaking up for Him!?
  • This last few days as I've been studying peace, over and over again Jesus said our Heavenly Father knows what we need before the words touch our lips. When He fed the thousands (John 6:1-13) in verse 11, Beth Moore points out He only fed those that were seated...in other words, the ones reclining in a restful position of trust.
  • I am going out on a HUGE limb by doing this...but actually I'm not! It's all on God. He's the One asking us to do this. He's the One whose Name is on the line. And as my favorite singer reminded me this morning, "He's Always Been Faithful to Me"

Honestly, when I felt like I had the confirmation from Holy Spirit that this is where He is leading us, I said, "That's crazy! Lord, this is just crazy!" I think that's exactly why He wants it this way. No one can take any credit for what He will do...just Him!

I do feel like I have the okay from Him to present prayer requests. So you'll soon see a page dedicated to prayer requests under the Pages section. I know this will evolve as God leads, but for now I see it as an opportunity to demonstrate God's faithfulness when His people pray. I am convinced that He will lead the right people, at the right time to pray for exactly the provision that God needs to fulfill. When answers are given and praise is required, these requests will be updated. I also think each month they'll be presented as a post that can be archived under the label Prayer Requests.

I know this will become a tool that people around the world will be led to by the Holy Spirit to prove His faithfulness to all of His children. I just know it!

So join with us in prayer as the Holy Spirit leads...I trust Him to do amazing things by His own power...not mine. Do you?

**If you'd ever like to become a prayer partner and receive periodic e-mails with prayer requests for this ministry, please send an e-mail with "Email prayer requests" in the subject line to a.barthauer@gmail.com **

No comments:

Post a Comment