Saturday, July 2, 2011

He is Rapidly Putting This All Together

Funny how you wait and wait and wait and then suddenly God tells you to leap and when you do He quickly starts putting all of the pieces together! I guess I need to acknowledge that in the waiting He has had us doing as well. It just seems like a lot has been falling into place in the last 10 days. A friend asked me this week what if this ministry God's calling us to takes some time to get started, how would I feel about that? I paused and thought, then replied, "I think this actually started a year ago." She said, "Good answer!"

You can read through my previous posts and see how God has been molding and shaping us. And about a year ago, Holy Spirit placed on our hearts the desire to help single moms...the widows of our culture. He's been growing this passion in us the whole time.

I can look back and see His hand teaching us in SO many lessons...His provision, His perfect timing, dying to self and living for Him, focusing on others instead of ourselves, teaching our children to serve beside us instead of staying home while we serve, the list goes on and on. And it truly feels like He's brought us to this precipice and said, "Do you trust Me? Then LEAP! I'll catch you!"

And ever since I said, "Okay...now I just need to share it with Dale," almost daily, Holy Spirit has been faithfully giving me ideas, dreams, confirmation, passion and joy about leading us here and the possibilities of where it could be going. From the few people we've told, we have had nothing but confirmation that this is good and right.

Just some more examples of His affirmation that this is His will for us:

One day, Holy Spirit gave me a name for this ministry--Boundless Ministries

The next...a motto--"The Father's Love knows no bounds, neither should ours!"

Two days later...an emblem or symbol--A dove: this is representative to Christians of the Holy Spirit (who is boundless!) and the entire world will recognize that birds have no limits!

The next day...ideas to start a brochure--Still working on this, but hope to post it, mail it, e-mail it...whatever...as soon as His Spirit gives us the go ahead!

The next...He brought to mind an article Dale wrote for our church's newsletter two months ago that fit PERFECTLY with this ministry--It's entitled Boundaries and speaks about how Jesus gave up His boundaries to die for us and when we love others and enter into their lives, it will cost us something. Also, it fits perfectly in the brochure!

That same day...in our Bible reading time, the kids and I read Genesis 15

Abram said, “O Lord GOD, what will You give me, since I am childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” And Abram said, “Since You have given no offspring to me, one born in my house is my heir.” Then behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This man will not be your heir; but one who will come forth from your own body, he shall be your heir.” And He took him outside and said, “Now look toward the heavens, and count the stars, if you are able to count them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.” Then he believed in the LORD; and He reckoned it to him as righteousness. And He said to him, “I am the LORD who brought you out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to possess it.” He said, “O Lord GOD, how may I know that I will possess it?” So He said to him, “Bring Me a three year old heifer, and a three year old female goat, and a three year old ram, and a turtledove, and a young pigeon.” Then he brought all these to Him and cut them in two, and laid each half opposite the other; but he did not cut the birds. The birds of prey came down upon the carcasses, and Abram drove them away. (Genesis 15:2-11)

"It came about when the sun had set, that it was very dark, and behold, there appeared a smoking oven and a flaming torch which passed between these pieces. On that day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying,

“To your descendants I have given this land,
From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates"
(Genesis 15:17-18)

Do you see what I highlighted? All Abraham had to do was believe! In this passage, God is affirming the covenant He made with Abram (Abraham) according to the custom of the day. But the commentary in our Bible said that BOTH parties or covenantors would pass through the carcasses. This time, the promise and it's results were all on God. If it failed or succeeded was completely dependent on Him! Abraham just had to believe and the rest was up to God! What assurance to my soul again that God's plan + My obedience = God's results (successful or not!). Either way, I cannot fail in HIS eyes!

And would you believe I sat down to do my Bible study less than an hour later and I read this, "So also Abraham "believed and God credited it to him (Abraham) as righteousness." (Galatians 3:6) Beth Moore's entire lesson of the day was about Abraham's faith in God's promise! Wow!

The next day...Holy Spirit laid the name of a woman on my heart--I hardly know this lady, but she started a Crisis Pregnancy Center from scratch. I don't know where the conversation will go...I just know I need to sit down and hear her story.

And today...He gave me this Scripture:

"Who has measured the Spirit of the LORD,
Or as His counselor has informed Him?"--
Isaiah 40:13, emphasis mine

Do you see the theme that's developing here? Boundlessness! The name, the motto, the image of the dove, Dale's essay (written two months ago), reading about Abraham's faith and all that God would then accomplish...there is absolutely NO LIMIT to all the Holy Spirit can do when we just believe Him and LEAP! No one can measure what He can do. He IS Boundless!

Wow! I'm not only overwhelmed at His blessings of assurance to us...I've also not been focused on our needs. By this past Thursday I even asked God, "Do I need to keep praying everyday that I trust You to either miraculously provide or have You deeply impress upon us how we are to provide or do You just have that covered?" I instantly felt His Spirit assure me, "You don't need rent today...let's talk about it when you do."

I've basically had an entire week of no worry, doubt or fear! That's a miracle in and of itself...and believe you me...it's not by my power but only by the power of the Spirit of God could this happen!

So we're on our way! Look for a more "formal" announcement soon. In the meantime, I'm excited to see what this Spirit which has no boundaries will do next. And if you're looking for a little excitement, passion and energizing in your life, why not consider asking Him each day to help you die to your own will and open up your life to the possibilities of His? I don't know what He has in store for you...but I CAN promise you that it will be BOUNDLESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment