Thursday, July 7, 2011

Don't You Want to Fly?

When you read through my posts from the last three months or so, there is definitely a recurring theme.
Strip Down and Run the Race
Weightlessness
The thoughts discussed in these two posts are mentioned over and over again in my other ones. What I want is to be so absolutely focused on God, smack dab in the middle of His divine Will for my life that there are no hindrances that hold me back. In other words, I want to fly!

I was expressing this to my friends yesterday as best I could but I'm not sure I can adequately put words to it. I have been raised in the church. I've heard my whole life there is freedom in Christ, that even when we make a mess of things, God can bring some sort of good from it. I have witnessed this happen when He has healed lives, marriages, friendships and even me.

But I also know that God has a purpose and a plan for my life that He has had from the beginning of time. He created me with this specific skills set, gave me the exact background and experiences that I need in order to have me fulfill exactly the plan that He has for my life. And I don't want to miss it! I even discussed this a little in another previous post.
Waiting on Him

So while I know there is freedom in Christ and He may not want me sweat over every tiny decision in my life, if I'm living dead center in His will...and that means being totally surrendered to my will and in constant communication with Him...then I wouldn't even be sweating over these decisions right? I think I would actually even delight in letting Him make all of them, then I can't fail in His eyes.

Yes, there is freedom in Christ. Don't finish this post and think that I've said anything to the contrary. If I have a misstep somewhere along the way or if He just lays out a few choices before me and tells me to choose, He's going to make it all for my good and His glory eventually anyway. But I am beginning to see that I yearn to be so close to Him...I hunger to know Him so much more...I thirst for His righteousness...and knowing that His perfect will is the only place where I will fly combines to make me uber-passionate about stripping down and getting to the bare bones so without a doubt I am standing spot-on in His amazing perfect will.

I even said to my friend last night something like, 'I know this is going to sound wrong, but I don't want to settle for the 'freedom in Christ' thing anymore. I want to be so focused on His absolute best for me because I know that is where I'm going to soar!'

Again, I'm seeing a pattern here. The name Boundless Ministries, the dove representing no hindrances to the power of the Holy Spirit, giving wings to single moms that deserve to soar and for myself too. I've even had two confirmations of this recently: Last week, my pastor said, "I know you. You don't just want to hand out food and clothes to ladies. You want them to be free!" And my friend I met with last night received a devotional e-mail today that she forwarded on to me. It asks two questions, the first is "Do you want God's best?"

There it is! Don't we all want to be free? Shouldn't we all want God's best...no matter the cost, no matter the work, no matter the pain? Basically, don't we all want to fly?

No comments:

Post a Comment