Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Here's Another One!

This was my thought as I was just completing my Bible study a few minutes ago...here's another one...another promise I can hang my faith on. The enemy can try, but will fail to convince me that this calling Jesus is placing upon my life and our family is completely from Him. I still do not want to run ahead of Him and try to take things into my own hands and do it my way...but there is no doubt this is were He has been leading us all along and He will be faithful to carry it on to completion. (Philippians 1:6 )

The study today was the second out of three days to discuss, ponder and delight in God's agape love. The basis for all three days is I Corinthians 13 . But the verses that just rocketed into my soul are found in Psalm 119:29-32. I'm going to present them a little differently here. I will write the verses in italics and then intersperse my thoughts and prayers that I have had as I read, contemplate and ponder them. Those are written in the standard text.

"Remove the false way from me,
And graciously grant me Your law." (verse 29)

Oh, God, I am so thankful that in Your mercy and Your timing You have opened our eyes to the false life of pursuing our own happiness and for our own gain. I also know that You have removed the fear of this calling being "the false way". Your call to love others with Your pure agape love is the most gracious law I could ever hope to fulfill.

"I have chosen the faithful way;
I have placed Your ordinances before me." (verse 30)

Thank You for giving me and us as a couple the strength to choose the faithful way. We can only do this because You have been faithful first to us. I delight in placing Your ordinances before me. You recently brought Isaiah 48:18 to me, "If only you had paid attention to My commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea" Ever since receiving this verse and saying "Yes!" to Your call, You have faithfully given me Scripture after Scripture that I am placing on index cards and taping to our bathroom mirror. I believe there may come a day when the mirror is full. How symbolically beautiful that I will no longer be able to see myself, but only Your words written all over me!

"I cling to Your testimonies;
O LORD, do not put me to shame!" (verse 31)

Each day and through each struggle You are leading me to draw strength from these promises that are on our mirror and now becoming imprinted on my heart. Thank You that Your Holy Spirit has been faithful to bring them to mind when the evil one causes me to doubt. Last Thursday, Friday and Saturday I clung to Your testimonies that You have given me and You did NOT put me to shame! Praise Your Holy Name!

"I shall run the way of Your commandments,
For you will enlarge my heart." (verse 32)

Lord, over the last year as I have searched Your Holy Word and sought to crucify my will and replace it with Yours, You have broken my heart for the millions in this world that YOU love that die not knowing there is an amazing God that loves them. As they starve, seek shelter and protection, eek out a bare existence, see no purpose to their suffering and we in the west do nothing, I know You are grieved! Closer to home, as I have watched single moms who are courageous and sacrificial beyond most people I know, I sense Your delight, tenderness and joy at how they don't just survive, but thrive throughout the difficult circumstances they find themselves. You, O amazing One, have enlarged my heart to my husband, my children, single moms, their children and the lost and impoverished around the world so much more than I could have ever imagined. I rejoice when You do and I grieve when You do. Please continue to help me "run in the way of Your commandments"...there is not only peace waiting there for me...there is the agape love of Your magnificent heart to behold as well!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment