Saturday, June 8, 2013

Baked Kale Chips Recipe


I know there are a lot of kale chip recipes available on the internet and elsewhere, so I am not attempting to reinvent the wheel. Basically, I wanted to show you how easy it is to make a healthy snack that tastes great too.


Take one bunch organic kale and cut leaves away from the stem. You can tear or cut with a knife or kitchen shears.



Then wash the leaves and use a salad spinner to get rid of excess water.


Place in a bowl and drizzle with about one Tablespoon olive oil. 



Next, you add any seasoning you want. We've tried garlic and sea salt, Italian seasoning and sea salt or Ani Phyo's sea salt, chipotle and agave syrup.




Last step is to place on a parchment lined, non-insulated baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 7 to 10 minutes. Some recipes call for up to 15 minutes, but I start checking them after 7 so they don't burn.


For some of the benefits of kale, see my previous Superfood Salad Recipe post. Optimally these should be dehydrated to retain all of their living enzymes and micronutrients. But if, like me, you don't have one yet, this method will work well. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment