Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Best Gift of the Day!

Yalew Sendek June 2013

I love A Heart for Korah and the people they serve. Ethiopia is growing in my heart and amazing photos like the one above compound that Love even more. One of the great things about A Heart for Korah is that a pastor from a local church visits the families each month. He pays their rent and provides some food from the money that sponsors donate for a family of their choosing. There are always families to choose from on AHFK's web page dedicated to families in need.

The gift I received today was the beautiful picture of the man whom we partner with in his journey. [I actually don't like to use the word sponsor for myself. I believe God is the Sponsor, since He gives us the means to partner with the Sendeks for this leg of the Journey.] I describe the photo as beautiful, simply because of the smile that has transformed his face. Wow! What an AMAZING God we serve!

Original photo received of the Sendeks in April 2013

Whenever there are photos or updates to share, AHFK is very quick to do so...and for that, I am grateful.

To learn more about Korah and its people, read my previous post or to discover how you can help provide rent, food and more for the desperately poor for as little as $40 per month, visit one of the links to AHFK above or go to their Facebook Page

No comments:

Post a Comment