Friday, June 28, 2013

A Big Year for the Barthauer Women!



The next four birthdays in our family are all female and they are all significant. This struck me a few days ago and I realized it was a huge year for we Barthauer ladies.

Today, our youngest, Leah, is 10. No more kids in single digits ever again. The baby has entered the "tween"  years! It's impacting me quite a bit that the "kid" years are behind us. It was been just as swift as everyone said it would be.

August 18th I turn 45. I will technically be closer to 50 than 40 from that day on. Exactly two weeks later, our third child, Rebekah, becomes a teenager. For her 13th, she and I are taking a little trip to Florida, for which I'm saving my summer babysitting money. So basically, my whole summer is working up toward her big day and we can't wait to get away together.

And finally, on November 10th, our oldest becomes an adult. Abbey will be 18. She takes her first international missions trip to Canada in just under a month without anyone else from the family going. I feel like this is merely the beginning of many similar trips to come.

So there are a lot of changes coming up for us in just a few short months. Who said, "The only constant is change," was spot on. I've always loved change though and embraced it wholeheartedly. My prayer has been that as our children grow I would love each phase even more than the previous one. I have to confess the closer we get to the end of this parenting journey, that doesn't come as easily. But seeing each of them becoming the person God created them to be is amazingly beautiful and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment