Monday, June 17, 2013

Reading Terminal Market, Philadelphia PA


Thanks to Abbey's insistence that we find it, Reading Terminal Market was a fantastic surprise right in the heart of downtown Philly. The produce stand pictured above is what greeted us when we walked through the doors.


The dozens and dozens of stands were overwhelming to take in, but we managed to gather our senses long enough for a sweet treat. Flying Monkey even sold vegan chocolate chip cookies and flourless cookies.


I attempted to take a photo of just one of the many aisles, but pictures can't convey the variety. From Pennsylvania Dutch, Cajun, Sushi, Irish Pub, salad bar, ice cream...



to amazing desserts...


gigantic jaw breakers...


and even chocolate Liberty Bells...


and yes, chocolate lungs...because "you take my breath away"...


you just may find whatever you want here...even for a Superhero Geek like me!


We found so many great options the first day, that we went back a few days later, and yes...I had the chicken shawerma!


Okay, even though I hyped it up a bit with my kids because of The Avengers, I didn't taste much difference from a gyro. It was good, but so filling that I could only eat half.


Noah had another Philly cheesesteak on the second visit.


And Rebekah opted for a yummy veggie foccacia. Dale and Leah both wanted crepes and Abbey chose a traditional gyro from another Mediterranean place, just across the aisle from where I bought the shawerma.

I saw a lot of large groups here, I'm certain because if you can't please everyone in a place like this...they aren't going to be pleased anywhere!



No comments:

Post a Comment