Saturday, June 22, 2013

My 500th Post!

I never had my sights set on posting 500 times. I only noticed a couple of weeks ago that I was getting close. Yet, here it is.

I started this blog on Sunday, July 18, 2010, with this post about why I was starting a blog. Not very original, but we all have to start somewhere, right?

A lot of things have changed since that day, almost exactly three years ago. I still have a huge heart for single moms, but that has not become the "formal" ministry I thought it would. Instead, God has grown me to seek His heart in every circumstance and sometimes that includes single moms, but it also encompasses everyone else...especially the "least of these"...those who may not be able to speak up for themselves. That changes from day to day, moment by moment and sometimes it even includes pulling back from a relationship that for whatever reason, His Spirit warns that I am not the one to step into their life for now.

This blog has morphed, as I continue to. As I have been challenged by God to put everything under the lordship of Jesus, I have been sharing those changes...whether it is food, family or the daily grind..."Writing a Better Story" should be the sieve through which I filter most choices.

You'll never see me communicate that I am perfect. From the onset of this blog, my prayer has been to be transparent...whether in serving, parenting, loving (or a lack thereof), fasting, eating, reading, learning, growing or at an absolute stalemate in my relationship with God...I never want to convey that somehow I have this all figured out.

If you hang with me through the next 500, where will it lead? I have no clue! That's why I love this God so much. Every day is an adventure...every moment a possibility...and every life a beauty to behold. If the Lord wills that I write 500 more and He tarries in His return, I can guarantee one thing: if I am faithful to obey His call...it will be an AMAZING journey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment