Thursday, June 20, 2013

HE Just Makes Me Giggle Sometimes!!!

Wow! God is absolutely amazing...and that is the understatement of the day!

Back in April, I shared how we had received some unexpected money and when I began to make plans with it I felt God's Spirit asking us to give it to A Heart for Korah to sponsor a family that lives in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. We obeyed and I was thrilled to receive the Amazing Gift of an updated photo of Yalew just two days ago.

The "unexpected" money we received in April was actually a small settlement of a class-action that we were a part of against mortgage companies that didn't work with people during the lending crisis a few years ago. We were one of those thousands of families that even though the banks were bailed out...the banks would not any offer any assistance to those with upside down mortgages or those that were unemployed during the recession like we were. The payment we received in April was about the amount we thought we would receive we just didn't know when it would come. It was almost enough to cover a full year of assistance for a family in Korah and we were blessed to be able to partner with them in this journey that A Heart for Korah has begun. The settlement had arrived and we were done.

But...you know God is so much bigger than all we could ask or imagine, right? (see Ephesians 3:20)

Today...the completely out of the blue we never dreamed there was more settlement came...and it was over three times more than the first. And God's timing, once again blows me away.

Our cars are so old that we felt we needed to rent a vehicle for vacation and we knew doing so would tap out the little bit of savings we had. I wasn't worried about it...but I can't honestly say that it didn't cross my mind that having no savings concerned me, because we have a couple of expenses coming up that I didn't know how we were going to manage. All of this crossed my mind and I would have had my socks knocked off if I'd been wearing any...when I opened that envelope and it registered what I was holding in my hand. Glee is quite possibly too small of a word!

It bears repeating...God is absolutely amazing! And that is the understatement of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment