Wednesday, June 19, 2013

There is More in Central Park Than a Doctor Who Rock!


Like classic, iconic vistas we have seen time and time again. It was amazingly beautiful...this oasis in the midst of this immense urban jungle. At times, I couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that we were still in Manhattan. 

Our first attempt at finding the Doctor Who rock. But it was the wrong one.



The statues of literary greats were fun to try and guess before we approached, whom it would be.

Abbey with Shakespeare


We were all fascinated by...


the Bubble Guy. I even joked with the kids that you could probably Google "Central Park Bubble Man" and find him on YouTube. Guess what? I was right!


Of course we had to take a photo where The Avengers said goodbye to one another!


And absolutely no trip to Central Park would be complete without visiting the Maine Monument...


or rather the man in a thong standing behind it washing out his bike shorts in the fountain. No...I did not take a photo of that!

Yes, we all saw a lot of new and different things.

But my favorite was all of the street musicians. This is what I think of when I picture New York City:




No comments:

Post a Comment