Saturday, June 15, 2013

Megabus

Leah, sleeping on our early morning bus ride.


I don't think I can say enough good words about Megabus. The cost of a trip for our family of six from Philadelphia to New York City was a total of $108 roundtrip! But I know it would have been less had I purchased them further out from our intended travel date. I just priced a ticket from Orlando to Atlanta that was only $3!

Our first, long distance view of the city.

Okay...great low cost aside...after seeing the bumper to bumper traffic going in and out of the Lincoln Tunnel into Manhattan, there was no way I would ever drive it myself. NYC may be an exception, but with "Bus Only" lanes...we buzzed right through all of it. I will allow that with the predominance of public transportation out East it was easier to get back and forth from the bus drop in Philly. Our nearest drop in Cincinnati would require either overnight parking downtown, a friend to give us a ride or perfect timing of the TANK Express bus that comes near our home.


A church viewed out the top of the bus.

We all had a comfortable ride...with limited WiFi...and enjoyed sitting in the upper level of the double decker bus with windows on top...even though it looked like we were within inches of the top of the Lincoln Tunnel!

Leah and I still smiling at the end of a long, long day!

At the end of a long day of walking around Midtown Manhattan, it was great to sit back, relax and enjoy some down time, reading a book while someone else took care of the driving. I think Megabus will become my new "go to" when exploring travel options. Timing connections from city to city may be difficult, but if I can send a child or two to Grandma's house in Indy for 6 bucks...now that's something to consider!

No comments:

Post a Comment